Cleaning is not a job that most of us enjoy. However, knowing some tips can help you get over this hard activity more easily. From using white vinegar as a cleaning product to rubbing a rubber glove over upholstery to remove pet hair, we’ve put together a collection of our favorite cleaning tips & tricks that will help make your life easier. Some of these are just plain genius!
1. Use a binder clip as a sponge stand.
This will help keep the sponge from getting mildewy.
via Total Clean
2. Hate the smell of vacuum after vacuuming a room?
Before vacuuming, place a cotton ball soaked in your favorite essential oil in the vacuum bag. When you vacuum the house, the air will smell much more pleasant.
3. To remove hard water stains from the toilet, pour distilled vinegar into the bowl.
Let sit overnight, then flush. Do this at least once a month.
4. Clean your blinds with a sock.
Put a clean sock over your hand, dip it in a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water, then lightly wipe the blinds to clean off any dust.
via Keep Home Simple
5. Use a clean dryer sheet to dust your TV screen.
The fabric softener in the sheet reduces static, and static causes dust to accumulate.
via Farmers’ Almanac
6. Use ice cubes to deodorize a garbage disposal.
Feed ice cubes made of vinegar down your disposal. Flip the switch to grind the cubes, then flush with cold water.
7. Need to pick up a bunch of stray pet hairs?
Put on a wet dishwasher glove and wipe hand over surfaces where pet hairs need to be removed.
8. Clean your microwave naturally with just a lemon.
Fill a microwave-safe bowl with about 1-2 cups of water and add some lemon juice. Place the bowl with lemon water in the microwave and turn on high power for about 3-5 minutes, or until boiling. Let it sit for a few minutes to let the steam penetrate the interior. Carefully remove the bowl and wipe down the inside of the microwave with a damp cloth.
via The Kitchn
9. Use a wet pumice stone to clean the inside of your dirty oven.
10. Need to clean irregular-shaped flask or containers?
Fill container with a little water, dish soap and some raw rice grains. Cover opening and shake vigorously. Rice should scrub any residue off of inside.
11. Clean your lampshades with a lint roller.
A lint roller is an excellent tool for cleaning dust and lint from your fabric lampshades.
12. Make the blender clean itself.
Fill dirty blender with warm water and a few drops of liquid soap. With the lid firmly in place, turn the blender on high for 30 seconds. Dump the contents out, give it one quick rinse and you’re done.
Thank you for the valuable information it is helpful for me. Waiting for your next article