Did you know that popping the wrong things in the microwave could make you sick, expose you to harmful chemicals, or even can start a fire? Here are 10 things you should never, ever microwave!
Broccoli loses up to 97% of its beneficial nutrients when cooked in a microwave with water.
Defrosting frozen fruit in a microwave can convert their beneficial glucoside and galactoside into carcinogenic substances.
Meats cooked longer than 6 minutes in a microwave lose half of its B-12 content.
Food Covered in Plastic Wrap/Containers
Heating up plastic can release harmful toxic chemicals into your food.
It’s a metal which could easily spark or catch fire. In case you want to heat leftovers, remove the foil before heating.
Styrofoam is a type of plastic, which doesn’t mix well with microwave temperatures.
Microwaving breast milk destroys some of its disease-fighting properties. The recommended way to warm breast milk is to stand it in a container of warm water.
Plates With Metallic Rims
Always remember, anything with metal will cause a fire!
Sauce or Dip Without a Cover
Putting any type of sauce or dip in the microwave without a cover will just end up leaving a huge mess.
Turning it on with nothing in there can damage the microwave, and even start a fire.
Have you ever put something in the microwave that you shouldn’t have?